Google

Sunday, November 13, 2005

. LEGISLATIVE OOPS OF THE TONGUE (I don't know if these are true... ) "I don't know anyone here that's been killed with a handgun." -- Rep. Avery Alexander, D-New Orleans "I think we have passed something that we didn't want to do." --Rep. Chuck McMains, R-Baton Rouge "I can't believe that we are going to let a majority of the people decide what is best for this state." --Rep. John Travis, D-Jackson "This amendment does more damage than it does harm." --Rep. Cynthia Willard-Lewis, D-New Orleans "Y'all are hurting my tender ears. I would appreciate it if y'all would scream one at a time." -- House Speaker John Alario, D-Westwego "I was 15 years old before I ate my first chicken without tire tracks." --Rep. Jay McCallum, D-Farmerville Describing how it is to run through a gauntlet of lobbyists to get to the Senate chamber: "They're lined up like cooters on a log on a sunshiny day." -- Sen. B.B. "Sixty" Rayburn, D-Bogalusa 2. A priest and a rabbi found themselves sharing a compartment on a train. After a while, the priest put down his book and opened a conversation by saying, "I know that in your religion you're not supposed to eat pork, but have you really never even tasted it?" The rabbi closed his newspaper and responded, "I must tell you the truth. Yes I have, on the odd occasion." The rabbi had his turn for interrogation. He asked, "I know that in your religion, you're supposed to be celibate, but..." The priest interjected, "Yes, I know what you are going to ask, and yes, I have succumbed to temptation once or twice." The two resumed their reading. There was silence for a while. Then the rabbi peeked around his newspaper and said, "Better than pork, isn't it?!"
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)

This That and Frog Hair






Celebrating the Blogs of Summer


 



Word of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This day in history
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's birthday
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Google
 
This That and Frog Hair
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz




Mesothelioma



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!