Google

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Simple Thoughts From A Simple Life


Simple thoughts about a Friend:
Today I sent a simple email link out to people in my addy book. Not thinking how some might not want a smile or not like me. I recieved a terse email back requesting that I remove him from my list NOW. (Like I really care who likes me?)
So I complied right away. That wasn't a big deal Life is so short I don't sweat the little things. Actually his request motivated me to do something I had put off for a week.
A very good friend of mine passed away quietly under the radar. Diagnoised with Cancer middle of Nov. Died the end of Feb. My friend brightened any room she walked into with her giggle her jokes. Her sense of right wrong and love. My friend and I worked together for 5 years I never heard anyone say one unkind thing about her. She was that type of person. She saw good in everyone. No matter how rotten they were.
She left behind 3 kids and some grandkids. She also left behind a gaping hole in the hearts of her friends.
Today I removed her email address from my book. It hurt to do that one simple thing. I paused and thought about several other email addies I had removed from my list of friends and family after unexpected deaths. Each of them touched so many.
As we rush about our days and hours, we forget the important little things.
I urge each of you to remember one special person that touched your life and drop them a little note just to let them know. Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.
To my wonderful friend Cheryl I wish for you all the fish you can catch, all the laughs you can give the angels. To you Cheryl wait on us someday we will be with you.

4 Comments:

At March 08, 2006 12:33 AM, Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

03 07 06

You are right Patty. Thanks for sharing this information. I did have to wipe my tears a bit. But My Uncle Peter passed unexpectedly in July right after his 49th birthday. I am happy that one of the last conversations we had, I told him I loved him. But I still feel the freshness of the loss. We really should try to be good honest people in this life and have fun, cuz we just don't know when it is our time to go. On that note, thanks for commenting on my blog from time to time and sharing your funny sense of humor. Lord knows it helps:)

 
At March 08, 2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

Who was that wet-blanket? Sorry about your friend. Only the good die young.

 
At March 08, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Disa you were very fortunate to have that chance. Grab everyone you can.

The wet blanket don't matter. The silly email was the same I sent to you. Your right the good do seem to leave us quicker. Or maybe we just miss them more.

 
At March 08, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Disa you were very fortunate to have that chance. Grab everyone you can.

The wet blanket don't matter. The silly email was the same I sent to you. Your right the good do seem to leave us quicker. Or maybe we just miss them more.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)

This That and Frog Hair: Simple Thoughts From A Simple Life






Celebrating the Blogs of Summer


 



Word of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This day in history
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's birthday
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Google
 
This That and Frog Hair: Simple Thoughts From A Simple Life
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz




Mesothelioma



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!