Google

Friday, June 16, 2006

Virtual Tour

Because Its my blog and I was away yesterday.
Well not away but outside. Blogger was pms'ing and I just didn't wanta fight with it.
Months back I injured my back and cannot work in my yard like I would like.
I have been using the muscles of my son to help with the work. No it's not child labor. However Boo is such a big help and is a bit like me he enjoys looking at the yard that we have created. So with out furter ado on to our front yard that is our personal park.
I also often post pictures of our world on my Flutterby blog.
In the beginning we aquired a bog.
As the country around us was developed.
The developers for some reason built up the other acreages around us. Their topsoil then began to wash on to us with the water run off.
The Above picture was my answer to not being able to walk through my yard without the unpleasant feeling of water in my shoes. We dug down and installed a
Below ground walkway with a french drain exiting through the side and draining into the garden pond.

We added onto the origingal pond pictued above.

The walkway one year after it was dug.

The beginning of the plants that will fill in both sides.

The garden pond. Last year's.

Expermentation with the plastic pond.

It had to go.

Note there vegitation is sparse.

Yesterday's project was laying plastic and mulching over it around the shrubs and a couple of roses.

Yea

I know this don't sound hard.

Try not to be hands on when you have spent your whole life doing what you want.

The west Side of the walkway.

Oh yea we installed two catch boxes about 2' deep and 16" square, to help with the water problem.

These boxes connect with the walkway and drain into the pond.

The trick was the drain for the pond. It had to be higher to drain properly.

View from the East side of the now overgrown pond.

Its not exactly the way I would have it.

However as I said I can't garden the way I would like.

The ducks won't stay out of the pond.

Thus the always muddy look.

Southside of the pond. Moon flowers, Hostas, Morning Glories,

Lillies and a minuture rose grace this end around a native Redbud.

In the tree you find hanging gnomes. Bonny and Clyde

Northwoods Woman decorated and old char-coaler it looked so cool

I wanted to Try it.


Boo helped clean the thinking spot. We have mulberry trees that compose a natural prayer garden.

They also shade the patio area in the afternoons.

Here we decided to put up fencing around some of the trees to befuddle the cats.

Not!

Here we will have morning glories and moon flowers climbing the trees and sheltering the thinkers.

This has been a brief virtual tour of my yard.

2 Comments:

At June 16, 2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Livey said...

Beautiful pics! That grill looks great! Glad I could help!

 
At June 17, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Patty said...

I think in a few weeks it will fill in and be pretty. I wish it had the handle thing to wrap the hose on.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)

This That and Frog Hair: Virtual Tour






Celebrating the Blogs of Summer


 



Word of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This day in history
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's birthday
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Google
 
This That and Frog Hair: Virtual Tour
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz




Mesothelioma



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!