Google

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Blue and White



I made the decision to attempt to post the Blue Star Blog Roll and Icons. The reason for this is simple Conserative Girl's husband, my son-in-law is USAF. Although he is not in Iraq. I believe his job is just as important as anyone's. He is an AWAC mechanic. He is on duty at wierd times. Goes to strange places for extended periods of time.

He also keeps my high maintence drama queen daughter Conserative Girl in check. For that alone he needs a medal of some sort.

He plans on remaining in the USAF as a lifer unless God forbid Hillary is elected. At which time he intends to leave the service. This is a seniment I have heard from all the young folks that are in the military.

However I have strayed from this post. My son-in-law came into our lives 21 years ago as a small child. He is the son of my best friend and used to be partner when I was a cop. His mother past on after battling breast cancer. I was in and out of his life for years. Ya might say on the side lines and just being there.
At seven years old Conserative girl and G.I. Man swore they would marry someday. When they were teenagers they hated each other. At about 20 Conserative Girl called said Mom I had a dream I need G.I.'s address. I gotta talk to him. The rest as they say is history.

I think of G.I. as my son. I am proud to call him Son.





4 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Hillary's Thong said...

"He plans on remaining in the USAF as a lifer unless God forbid Hillary is elected. At which time he intends to leave the service. This is a seniment I have heard from all the young folks that are in the military."

I simply MUST snag that sentiment for my own personal use.

 
At August 07, 2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Patty said...

You are most welcome to it. From his lips to God's ears.

 
At August 08, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

Great story and you have every right to be proud.

 
At August 08, 2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Thanks Patrick
I am not sure what part is the best. That I know his family and they have pretty much the same values. Or the fact that he is such an awesome young man. Very quiet most of the time.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)

This That and Frog Hair: Blue and White






Celebrating the Blogs of Summer


 



Word of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This day in history
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's birthday
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Google
 
This That and Frog Hair: Blue and White
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz




Mesothelioma



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!