Google

Monday, August 07, 2006

A Challenge




I have a challenge/suggestion to all the bloggers out there.
A few days ago on CNN and HNN they were talking , actually bemoaning the bloggers and how we have 39% of the population in this nation listening, writing and reading blogs. We are starting to change politics. And Oh My the Media. The Media is beginning to fear us. Whoo Hoo!!
If this is true then there is another way to get the attention of the beltway and support our Military.

So here is my idea. A new type of meme if you will. We all say prayers for our Troops and Military. Our President. We have our likes and dislikes of everything.

Pick something with substance on your mind blog about it. Your point of view on the state of the world, politics why you support or not the troops. then send it to your reps with your blog address.
Send it to the President Send it to everyone, Fox News, ABC, CBS,CNN, NBC. Anyone that will listen. It only takes a few minutes of your time. An example of this is the previous post I wrote I add a different Header found the addies for my reps the President Vice-President and sent it. It took me about 30 minutes to do this. It made me feel better. I included my blog address with it.

9 Comments:

At July 30, 2006 12:31 PM, Anonymous wholesale wrought iron candle holder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At July 30, 2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Gayle said...

Woopsies, Patty, you are picking up pc robot spam. To prevent it, go to blogger dashboard, scroll down a bit and turn on "word verification." That way the robots can't get in because after all, they don't type. :) That's the reason most people who use blogger for commenting turn on word verification.

Now...back to your post. I read your rant and commented on it. Great rant, BTW! I have done what you suggested before, I just haven't posted about it. I also write my reps all the time, for all the good it has done. Let me give this some thought... I may try it again.

Oh, btw, I stole your picture. When I put it up I'll give you credit for it.

 
At July 30, 2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Hon ya didn't steal a thing. Its all free.
Wierd word verf is on now Aarrrgggg.........

 
At July 31, 2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Gayle said...

I know... I know it's a pain in the butt, but it's a necessity and most bloggers use it. HaloScan works a lot better than blogger, but can be hard to set up if you aren't really good in the template. I had to have help to get mine set up correctly. You can lose your entire blog if you do it wrong! If you want to use it, find someone who uses HaloScan and knows how to do it. I think Patrick at Born Again Redneck does... I believe he's the one who helped me set up mine, and I had to give him my password and username for blogger in order to do it... but he is absolutely trustworthy.

Think about it.

 
At August 01, 2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Patrick Joubert Conlon said...

Haloscan has been a blessing.

THe MSM's days are numbered.

 
At August 01, 2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Junebugg said...

Excellent idea! I'll do that and pass on your link.

 
At August 02, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Thanks Junebugg. I appreciate it.

 
At August 02, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Exactly right, I think bloggers have a powerful voice if channeled properly.

 
At August 02, 2006 12:13 PM, Blogger Patty said...

I am hoping folks will realize the power they have right in their very home. It is a simple thing to voice your thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Rate this post: (data provided from NewsGator Online)

This That and Frog Hair: A Challenge






Celebrating the Blogs of Summer


 



Word of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Article of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

This day in history
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Today's birthday
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

In the News
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Quotation of the Day
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Hangman
Website content provided by The Free Dictionary

Google
 
This That and Frog Hair: A Challenge
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz




Mesothelioma



Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!